The HP Pavilion tx1000 Convertible Tablet

PC World’s Senior Editor Kalpana Ettenson guides you through the features of the HP Pavilion tx1000, an ultraportable that converts to a tablet PC. The 12.1-inch touchscreen lacks an antireflective coating, but it’s sensitive to touch and can adjust screen orientation. It may not be the best travel option due to short battery life. Visit www.pcworld.com/videos for more news, reviews and how-to’s.

The HP Pavilion tx1000 Convertible Tablet

22 thoughts on “The HP Pavilion tx1000 Convertible Tablet

• August 15, 2009 at 10:29 pm

i have it….whats so bad about it?…..1 thing i hate of this laptop is the AMD possessor

• August 20, 2009 at 3:45 am

STAY away from HP TX1000….she forgot to mention that its specially designed to work for as long a the warranty expires i.e 1 year

• September 25, 2009 at 4:33 am

i would say no. it runs really hot and that will be the death of it

• October 6, 2009 at 12:58 pm

The tx1000 series is not reliable. Google "TX1000 Nvidia" and you'll find loads of links to unhappy users who's laptops have failed at approx 16 months, and then been given woeful support by HP (even though it's the same fault as on the DV6000 series which they are fixing).
    In short, if you need a small laptop, you might be better off with a netbook. The touchscreen isn't really that good on this model anyway.
    As HP have had such 'great' customer service I'm avoiding them in future.

• October 6, 2009 at 6:03 pm

thank you very much for the info , I've already found out there is a problem with those older models so I bought TX2520ej second handedly for cheap. I hope it will work fine

• October 19, 2009 at 6:32 pm

yeahhhh that sucks my friend. sorry to hear it. good luck on your next purchase! get a technical friend to help you out when you choose yer new computar!

• March 24, 2010 at 10:55 am

@TheOnlyRoxtar yess you were right….my wifi died….and my laptop turns off every 1 hour!….but now i sold it and baught a HP compaq 6910p

• April 15, 2010 at 12:54 pm

I'd like to slap this bitch. This computer is worthless. If you have any sense, don't buy hp.

• August 8, 2010 at 6:44 am

DO NOT BUY THIS SERIES OF COMPUTERS!! THEY WILL GET BURNED BY THEMSELVES, ALL OF THEM!

• January 14, 2011 at 8:15 am

This is the worst notebook on the market! I got it for christmas a long time ago and it worked for a week! iv'e had to replace the power adapter 12 times (but this new adapter thats not from HP works great), the wifi card 4 times, and my hard drive twice.

• January 14, 2011 at 8:19 am

And it keeps over-heating and the darn touchscreen wont work! and it scratches to easily (especially for a touchscreen). But to look on the bright side, at least it works, compared to the old IBM sitting next to it.

• July 13, 2011 at 9:52 pm

My sister has one of these. It gets really really hot, and recently it started having the notorious blank screen problem. I can tell you that I will never let anyone I know buy another HP laptop.

• September 13, 2011 at 11:55 am

I have it for a long time. Its a bit hot. But never had problems even in summer on 40 degress and i dont turn it off for a days … caying it to school and everywhere. only battery is a bit issue , no lont time work on battery but all others is perfect.

• November 29, 2011 at 1:27 pm

hey….WIFI doesn't work on mine and the touch screen went years ago and it overheats……the black screen coming soon no doubt.

• January 3, 2012 at 11:15 pm

hello greetings, buy HP Pavilion g4, pre-installed Windows 7 Starter, which is too simple, and look for a cereal and I could upgrade to ultimate, one day I found a system called windows8 download and install it, but it is in English, which do not quite understand and are not registered and I can not install the updates, so I can not switch to Spanish and try to restore the factory system, but disappeared recovery Manager, please re-install and recovery Manager?