The space station gets a new parking spot

NASA astronauts have just installed a new international docking adapter to the outside of the International Space Station. This new parking spot will allow future spacecraft from SpaceX and Boeing to automatically dock with the orbiting lab.

Check out our full video catalog: https://goo.gl/lfcGfq
Visit our playlists: https://goo.gl/94XbKx
Like The Verge on Facebook: https://goo.gl/2P1aGc
Follow on Twitter: https://goo.gl/XTWX61
Follow on Instagram: https://goo.gl/7ZeLvX
Read More: http://www.theverge.com

The space station gets a new parking spot

41 thoughts on “The space station gets a new parking spot

• August 20, 2016 at 4:27 pm

How much are you getting paid to sit in front of a camera & record yourself preforming your report?

• August 20, 2016 at 4:44 pm

Silly Question: Why not use the existing docking ports and have the private companies make their spacecraft able dock with them?

• August 20, 2016 at 5:34 pm

why do they need an adapter? can't they just make it similar to the Russian docks?

• August 20, 2016 at 5:38 pm

Os it just me, or is it sad that the United States has to depend on the Russians or private companies to do this? It's not like we once had the best space agency in the world or anything!

• August 20, 2016 at 7:20 pm

Awesome video! Very inspiring and exciting. USB-S(PACE)? I was going to suggest USB-C(OSMOS)!

• August 20, 2016 at 9:35 pm

Omg its hot girl talking about science. My 2 favorite things happening at once.

• August 20, 2016 at 10:26 pm

Best part of the Verge.

• August 20, 2016 at 10:37 pm

This is exactly like in Interstellar :O
    Illuminati Confirmed

• August 21, 2016 at 3:12 am

I thought the Berth method was a million years old and new IDA was installed few thousand years ago. But naah 😞

• August 21, 2016 at 10:39 am

why not just use the Russian standard specs which work now ? why create a new standard

• August 21, 2016 at 5:19 pm

Price tag? Ppl of the world this space station is a huge waste of money , not one thing they have done helped us here on the ground. Take the money just for this docking port and I can help a small town fix all of its problems .we need to stop giving these nasholes are money ,they have a 20 million dollar a day budget . That could be used to rebuild America instead of playing in space .i know there will be a bunches of comments from space nerds and that's fine but when you leave your house and see all the homelessness and empty building ect ect ect then tell me again how this space crap is more important then fixing that?

• August 21, 2016 at 11:59 pm

so what i would like to know is when will people start moving to Mars ? no joke its coming and very important for humanity to survive and prosper and I would like some serious feedback on when ? plz and thank u

• August 23, 2016 at 6:02 am

are you guys Canadian or american

• August 23, 2016 at 4:21 pm

well,,she's just cute, that's y i dare to click on this vid…but cool to learn.

• August 25, 2016 at 4:21 am

Waste of money.NASA should talk to ISRO for cheaper transportation

• August 25, 2016 at 8:31 pm

Clueless is your nasa facts , all your link showed was crap , wake up !what has any of that useless crap done ? Fuel cells helped who? a German company build better cars? How does that help the us ? Monitoring the pollution has helped how ? Did they help your air quality any place you know? One of their space x rockets poisoning our air when they launch = twenty thousand cars starting up and driving across the U.S. Light materials= crap that only last a tenth of the time under the uv damage of the sun which only means more junk in the ground !!!! Should I keep going or do you still need more convincing that nasa is the biggest waste of money ?

• August 28, 2016 at 3:19 am

As a boy and as a young man I looked up to NASA. But now that I am older I am wiser and I am not at all impressed that NASA has teamed with Boeing, the worlds second largest arms exporter. Shame NASA.

• September 13, 2016 at 2:12 am

Ack. I hate it when I start noticing the vocal fry. It's not fair because I'm the one doing it but I can't take it. Anyway, love it. Makes me want to play Kerbal Space Program.

• March 8, 2018 at 6:23 pm

Why can't commercial craft just use the kurs guidance system already present, or the TriDAR system from the last few shuttle missions?