TCL 6 Series 4K TV – Hands On at CES 2018

The 6 series, as a followup to TCL’s P series from 2017, was a strategic decision for the company. TCL told Digital Trends in an interview that, rather than produce a 65-inch variant of the original P-series, TCL opted to begin work on the new 6-series, making improvements on the already well-received P-series design, and launching in both 55-inch and 65-inch screen sizes. If TCL holds true to form, the pricing on these TVs won’t just be competitive, they will shake up the 4K HDR TV landscape.

GET UP-TO-THE-MINUTE COVERAGE OF CES 2018 BELOW:

VISIT DIGITAL TRENDS

DT Daily: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8110CBCACD741FEC
DT Originals: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEA870D36335F60D2
DT Podcasts: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZEIwIHCxaFVemFMYm9Uqixqt7RxRJnhf

43 thoughts on “TCL 6 Series 4K TV – Hands On at CES 2018

• January 11, 2018 at 6:26 pm

Were you able to get any word on VRR or eARC? These are the only HDMI 2.1 features worth anything, and they're both possible on HDMI 2.0 chipsets.

• January 11, 2018 at 9:49 pm

The P series had nasty pixel dimming checkerboard artifacting when you look at it close up. Other premium brand TVs don't have this pixel artifacting.
    Does the 6 series have this same artifacting when looking up close?
    https://i.imgur.com/5lVe82o.jpg <<This is how bad the image quality is up close. Other TVs in the same price range don't have this cheap shortcoming.

• January 12, 2018 at 7:20 am

WOW. Wondering how it will compete with the Sony 900/930E and the new F series? Those are the 2 on my top 2 right now….cant wait for official test / reviews.

• January 12, 2018 at 4:35 pm

If it comes in under $1,000 US put me down for 2

• January 12, 2018 at 6:49 pm

I hope with this new version to be near to something like 700-800 nits , in this case it will be a super best buy

• January 13, 2018 at 7:20 am

If the price is right (lower than Samsung) this might be my next TV

• January 13, 2018 at 4:13 pm

Did TCL fix the darkened corners from the 2017 models ? I had the 2017 TCL P series and had to return it due to the soft-ball sized darkend corners and gave me eye strain. If they fixed the darkend corners and increased the peak brightness, I will certainly get a 65" 2018 model for sure.

• January 13, 2018 at 5:42 pm

This is like the Toyota of TVs, might not have all the luxury extras but you get a well balanced car or truck.

• January 14, 2018 at 1:33 pm

I have a highend 50’ plasma tv for 8 yrs. Now its time to upgrade and this tcl 6 series is my next tv. 65’ inch for sure.

• January 14, 2018 at 11:27 pm

They said the 2018 55" 6 series will be the same as last year model  $650. no price on the 65' yet

• January 17, 2018 at 8:10 am

I have checked p6 its 4k led but I didn't like its picture quality colours were looking good but brightness is very dull may be its 386nuts brightness level more chinese brand like orient ecostar etc are better than tcl in Pakistan

• January 17, 2018 at 8:17 am

In my opinion its not a good tv as they have created hypred like 72 micro dimming 4k etc I have compared tcl with ecostar 1080p led which is also a chinese brand I was stunned that colours quality was amazing in ecostar than tcl 4k even I have compare ecostar with samsung I didnot find any major picture quality result and price differnce double

• January 18, 2018 at 6:02 pm

From all the videos I’ve seen of this the 55” panel looks better than the 65” panel. Might be the angle and lightning, but look forward to reviews when it comes out.

• January 23, 2018 at 2:09 am

Will the new TCL 6 series have a native 120 Hz refresh rate? That’s my only complaint about the 2017 model.

• January 27, 2018 at 3:32 pm

Tcl sucks ass trash ass brand and tvs 👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎😣😣😣 I bought the 2017 one and it was shit.

• January 29, 2018 at 4:33 am

Where can i get this tv you reviewed on here

• January 31, 2018 at 12:51 pm

When will these tv’s be available? My tax check is burning my pockets ☺️

• February 7, 2018 at 1:30 pm

when this will come to india?.. am waiting

• February 16, 2018 at 12:18 am

I AM SORRY SONY. I AM SAVING MY MONEY UNTIL YOU BRING BACK 3D. TAKE YOUR TIME. I AM NOT IN A RUSH TO BUY.

• February 18, 2018 at 2:56 am

ive been looking at tcl tvs at costco but the model #s are different from say best buy, walmart, etc. also there are almost no videos of tcl versions from costco on youtube. how do i know which one is which?

• February 27, 2018 at 2:53 pm

Where are the VESA mounting holes?! Hopefully that's just a pre production thing.

• March 11, 2018 at 12:24 am

I was about to buy the 2017 TCL P-series TV but the 2018 model is gonna be the same price with more zones and other better specs so I'm gonna wait till spring or summer!!

• March 21, 2018 at 1:55 pm

I bought the P605 month ago and I'm getting the 65" 6 series. Can't wait hope it's $1000 max

• March 22, 2018 at 8:02 pm

TCL just announced release day for the 55 in 6 series. MAY 1st. I’m getting one day UNO!!!!

• March 22, 2018 at 10:00 pm

just look at that square design!!! and that thickness makes it really look good and solid. havent yet to see anybody make a tv like that yet. looks like an amazing hunk of a panel!!! perfecto👍

• April 4, 2018 at 7:46 am

too bad this is not available in vietnam!

• April 14, 2018 at 3:59 am

My brand new 2017 55” TCL refuses to connect via HDMI to my Laptop! I have tried all the “tricks” I can find on Google. It should just connect and work, like it does on my Vizio tv. Anybody else??

• April 19, 2018 at 6:05 am

I ordered the X900F then X900E then tcl p605, cancelled them all (warranty’s r up in air still lol) last cancel was from Best Buy not Amazon LOL I hope my bank ain’t see this shit, prolly not i cancelled the last two orders quick lol… CANT FUCKING WAIT FOR MY 6 SERIES OMG! 😂💯 still have a 32in 2013 Vizio m serous A2 tv lol!

• April 22, 2018 at 8:54 pm

Be cause samsung paid them to not release the 65 inch in 2017

• May 10, 2018 at 9:31 pm

Hi denison,
    Im planing to buy a new tv. I’m not able to decide between tcl R617 and samsung KS8500. Could you please suggest me as they both were nearly at same price point

Thanks in advance

• May 11, 2018 at 6:04 am

even though i still have a base ps4 im upgrading to pro next month. so far upgrading to a 4k tv is worth it. i notice things i never notice before that would not show up on my vizio tv. for starters the colors pop out nice on my tcl tv and i notice when playing gta v the helicopter blades have reflections and the cars farther away in the draw distance are shiny with reflections. its something i dint notice before until i got a bigger tv. so even though its still 1080p theres a big difference on a 4k tv