Amazon Key In-Car delivers right to your car’s trunk (CNET News)

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bZfZZJ7Q4Q?modestbranding=1&w=580&h=385]

Amazon is extending Amazon Key to work with your car. CNET’s Ben Fox Rubin got to see a demo in New York.

Amazon Key In-Car delivers packages right to your car’s trunk – https://www.cnet.com/news/amazon-key-in-car-delivers-right-to-your-cars-trunk/

Subscribe to CNET: www.youtube.com/user/cnettv
Check out our playlists: www.youtube.com/user/CNETTV/playlists
Download the new CNET app: https://cnet.app.link/GWuXq8ExzG
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cnet
Follow us on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/cnet
Follow us on Instagram: http://bit.ly/2icCYYm

41 thoughts on “Amazon Key In-Car delivers right to your car’s trunk (CNET News)

• April 24, 2018 at 5:25 pm

the customer is leaving to work. get prepared for a hot pursuit chase.

• April 24, 2018 at 5:31 pm

It’s only time until Terries get jobs at Amazon and start putting bombs in people’s car.

• April 24, 2018 at 5:57 pm

Amazon Key front door access sounds a bit sketchy and Key In-Car sounds good needs more cars though.

• April 24, 2018 at 6:53 pm

Nothing I buy is so important that I need to give entry access to my car or home.

• April 24, 2018 at 6:55 pm

I like the idea. But cars will be broken into especially SUVs. Better with cars with solid trunks.

• April 24, 2018 at 7:16 pm

Damn sounds like amazon messed this up, nobody likes it

• April 24, 2018 at 7:42 pm

There is no such thing as a backdoor that is accessible to good guys that is 100% secure against bad guys. The fewer backdoors available to anyone the better.

• April 24, 2018 at 7:51 pm

Will you be required to subscribe to on star for $20/mo (or $200/year) or does it work with the basic plan that doesn't require a subscription?

• April 24, 2018 at 8:23 pm

I wouldn't allow them inside my house and I ESPECIALLY would not let them touch my car.

• April 24, 2018 at 8:29 pm

Now Amazon want access to our cars too. One more step for Skynet + Transformers.

• April 24, 2018 at 8:36 pm

I hate both Amazon services because neither are available in my area XD, I live in the getto and stuff would just get stolen before I can get it but it would be nice to same day delivery as a option at least.

• April 24, 2018 at 9:12 pm

Lets wait to see how long till a car is stolen!

• April 24, 2018 at 10:35 pm

I've heard this is not the last thing they'll do. Next is rumoured to be Amazon In-Pocket delivery. You'll have to register your pants' serial number on Amazon and your underpants' serial number for the optional sex toy delivery. But it'll be super practical. Imagine just standing there on a stoplight and when you try to go on green, you can't. Because woohoo your fridge was just delivered to your pants back pocket. Time to go straight home and plug that bad boy in. Heck yeah!

• April 24, 2018 at 10:36 pm

😂

1. Open it up
    2. slide the package in
    3. Close

• April 25, 2018 at 12:08 am

How am I supposed to explain this to my kids?

• April 25, 2018 at 3:08 am

So, drop off an amazon package and steal something else from the car… not thanks

• April 25, 2018 at 3:09 am

I don't understand why Amazon needs to do this. Just expand your Amazon locker system

• April 25, 2018 at 3:31 am

So, imagine a thief is watching how a delivery guy is putting a laptop in the back of a car. He or she will immediately break the window and get it. I can't see this service possible. There are just too many bad people out there.

• April 25, 2018 at 5:27 am

um… the delivery guy can legit just jump in the front

• April 25, 2018 at 6:04 pm

No way I'm giving anyone access to my car, much less my home! Allow total strangers inside your most personal spaces, including address, car type, color and license plate, then let them know you buy expensive stuff. What could possibly go wrong?

• April 25, 2018 at 11:49 pm

just wait till they get hacked and peoples cars go missing xD

• April 27, 2018 at 8:49 pm

amazon in reality hires ghetto thugs to deliver packages great combo with this in car one

• April 30, 2018 at 12:46 am

Using a stick, you can push the latch and the car would believe the car trunk or door is closed. Then, they can "test" it by pulling the handle and then it would "not" open. After walking away, a second person can open the trunk and take the package, and act like the door is closed.