Here’s how to make the most of your Google Home

Tips on using your smart speaker as a DJ, a personal assistant and a smart home controller.

Subscribe to CNET: www.youtube.com/user/cnettv
Check out our playlists: www.youtube.com/user/CNETTV/playlists
Download the new CNET app: https://cnet.app.link/GWuXq8ExzG
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cnet
Follow us on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/cnet
Follow us on Instagram: http://bit.ly/2icCYYm

20 thoughts on “Here’s how to make the most of your Google Home

• April 27, 2018 at 3:25 pm

You can also ask “Hey Google, what’s this song” and it will tell you the title of the song that’s currently playing

• April 27, 2018 at 3:56 pm

I want to dump my Amazon echos and switch to google. Amazon is getting ridiculous. They now only allow you one music stream regardless of how many echos you have and only two adults per prime acct vs it used to be three. All that and the greedy bastards raise the price of prime to $120.00 a year.

• April 27, 2018 at 4:22 pm

Thanks for not using the notorious first world problem complainer Taylor Martin.

• April 27, 2018 at 8:40 pm

When you have to think of WHAT to do with a new product you just bought, you probably should NOT have bought it…

• April 28, 2018 at 12:38 am

Stop using the trigger words on these videos. My house goes off like crazy every time you guys do this. Independent YouTube or’s have realized that they need to bleep it out or otherwise edit it. It surprises me an institution like CNET doesn’t understand this. Do you guys do this way too much and I’ve complained about it, you’ve lost a subscriber.

• April 28, 2018 at 1:52 am

Google Home is a piece of crap! It does nothing but record you I have proof of that it record me while I'm in my living room.

• April 29, 2018 at 9:18 pm

You can do a lot of music with out a subscription. I think they are going too charge a monthly fee in order to use it. Be interesting too see the Google smart display, I think it will require a YouTube red subscription. Just realised that you can do everything on your smart phone with Google assistant. What a rip off! I would think twice in buying it again!

• May 3, 2018 at 11:37 pm

Just say "the wake phrase" instead of setting off everyone's assistant…

• May 5, 2018 at 8:49 pm

i have programmed my Google Home to recognize my voice. But at the start of this Video, when you said the magic “Okay Google”, it woke up and asked me what I wanted. Why did you trigger it if it supposed to only recognize MY voice?

In the future, I hope we can fix this by making our own exclusive trigger, like “Yo Thingy”. Then it would never be triggered externally again.

• May 9, 2018 at 11:54 pm

And if you have a Roku TV you can download quick remote to turn it on with your Google home

• May 29, 2018 at 3:10 pm

House of Google home Bluetooth speaker are they having fun at work