Assassin’s Creed Odyssey On PC And Gamers’ Uplay Problem – Steam Punks

PC players looking to play Assassin’s Creed Odyssey will be forced to deal with Uplay yet again. We discuss whether it’s really that bad, and the pros and cons of other distribution platforms.

40 thoughts on “Assassin’s Creed Odyssey On PC And Gamers’ Uplay Problem – Steam Punks

• October 2, 2018 at 12:13 am

Okay this channels clearly a joke, if you want all your games on Steam just add the programs launcher into your Steam account library if the said programs linked to a different platform it will also auto start it and as long as you have auto-login you don't even need to find the platform.

Now if you want a real issues try playing the disc PC games lottery, will it install no problem or will it say reinsert disc one over and over or will Games for Window Live come along to piss you about.

• October 2, 2018 at 12:21 am

I haven't had a single issue with Uplay on the PC…..silly argument, honestly these are what are called, "1st world problems"….not worth a video of two people whining

• October 2, 2018 at 12:31 am

I pre order AC Odyssey already dont have patience friday to come, this game gonna be amazing

• October 2, 2018 at 12:34 am

The last Just Cause game had the same issue.I had a glitch connected to the "sign in" screen and if you couldn't get past it then you just couldn't play the game. Without an internet connection I couldn't play the game offline. I'm cautious about buying the next game,hopefully it's in 4K with HDR.

• October 2, 2018 at 12:39 am

i stopped playing EA games when it became Origin only, and companies like Bethesda will be seeing the same.

Still playing Ubi games because i can still buy them on Steam, and launch them directly from Steam, and i don't even notice it uses Uplay because i linked Uplay and steam.
    No log in or anything.

• October 2, 2018 at 12:42 am

I don't mess with Uplay after a bad experience I had with AC Origins and not being able to get a refund.

• October 2, 2018 at 12:46 am

Honestly if it bothers you so much don't buy the game. At the end of the day achievements don't mean shit so whether you want the game or not buy it the launcher shouldn't matter. I don't see anyone complaining that fortnite is on another launcher.

• October 2, 2018 at 12:52 am

I use GOG Galaxy regularly without issue these days. Works well for me now.

• October 2, 2018 at 12:52 am

I´ve never had any issue with Uplay and I really like Uplay points. I usually unlock everything from the rewards of a game before I launch it for the first time.

• October 2, 2018 at 12:54 am

The worst is even both Uplay and Origin has fewer userbases compares to Steam, their server is so crappy and people can't even use and launch games because their games must be launched from their crappy client especially Uplay.

• October 2, 2018 at 12:57 am

I'm not bothering with this game until I know for sure that the frames per second aren't absolute cancerous. On steam with my 1080Ti I was getting under 30 frames in certain areas, very inconsistent (Origins)

• October 2, 2018 at 1:01 am

it takes 2 clicks to open up whatever launcher i want , and if i wanted to i can just add any game to steam using ADD NON STEAM GAME , THIS IS SUCH A NON ISSUE , i use multiple platforms on my pc everyday

• October 2, 2018 at 1:16 am

They put this uplay sh*t in consoles in a wierd form and it always crashes when opening it… I hope sony removes this and keeps origin as far away from PlayStation as possible…

• October 2, 2018 at 1:39 am

The premise is ok. The execution is poor as they are more worried about piracy than smooth gameplay and not hogging pc resources.

• October 2, 2018 at 1:55 am

I can't get any uplay games I have on steam to work and the only reason the internet suggests for this is that these games must be on the same hard drive as the operating system – wtf?! It's a known issue that they just don't care enough about to fix so I no longer buy any of their games.

• October 2, 2018 at 2:18 am

I find both GoG and Uplay to be very smooth. GoG especially is very simplistic and clean. Best part is you don't even need to open the launcher to play the game after install. Uplay has great drag and drop game backups, 20%off store wide codes for achievment points (including physical editions) and fast downloads.

Also I'm in Australia. L4D didn't get pulled just censored, which for years and years is a non issue since you can buy digital. At launch I just bought an uncensored version online from America and solved.

• October 2, 2018 at 2:28 am

I have no problems with any of the platforms…Steam, GOG, Uplay and Origin, the only problem I have with the Bethesda platform is that it's not setup to remember your password so I have to enter it each time, annoying but not deal breaking…some used more than others

• October 2, 2018 at 2:33 am

TBH, I'm getting to the point where if something isn't on Steam I'll buy it off Steam everytime. Ubisoft games are fine staying on their service.

• October 2, 2018 at 2:38 am

I regularly use Uplay , Steam , Origin and GoG Galaxy. Have never faced much issues with any of them.

• October 2, 2018 at 2:41 am

who gives a shit. i have a ton of ubisoft games now and it launches automatically. also i have to launch battle net to play overwatch and diablo etc, no one gives a shit about having multimple storefronts anymore.

• October 2, 2018 at 2:46 am

Dude that opening song sounded like “Alien cookies” by Dirty Audio! I was so intrigued!

• October 2, 2018 at 3:53 am

I had issues w/ UPlay during the launch of AC4 Black Flag. Corrupted download, I think, that wasn't resolved by verifying the files. Had to redownload everything. Other than that, it was 'ok'. I use UPlay almost daily when I play Rainbow Six Siege (or, rather, UPlay auto-launches when I run R6 Siege from Steam, since that's where I bought it from).

I've also used Origin (no real issues), GOG Galaxy (don't remember any issues), Activision-Blizzard's BattleNet (no issues), plus games w/ their own launchers (e.g., Path of Exile, World of Warships). Unless you're worried about the concept of DRM, esp. in relation to game archival/preservation (which I guess most, if not all, gamers should be concerned with?), most clients/stores/services aren't really a problem.
    All the various account credentials plus all being separate is inconvenient, but not a big deal.
    Each services' stores could be a 'problem' when it comes to regional pricing (I'm in SEA): until fairly recently, I think UPlay showed me EU pricing in Euros. It's in SGD, now, and the prices are comparable to Steam (which is in local currency w/ regional pricing). At least if the pricing is iffy, I can sometimes rely on a site like GreenManGaming (which is also using local currency) or wait for it to go on Sale or on Humble.

• October 2, 2018 at 3:54 am

honestly uplay is not bad with steam linked as udates to game is done by steam. why you guys dont talk about EA origin and how shitty it is.updates are difficult to manage, buying game and DLC is cumbersome

• October 2, 2018 at 3:55 am

Gog Galaxy works great right now. TBH i used it since witcher 3 launched and never had an issue with it.

• October 2, 2018 at 4:00 am

Shitty game, tons of expensive editions, microtransactions, 4 layers of drm, dealing with uplay, shit optimization. you know, the usual stuff with ubisoft games.

• October 2, 2018 at 4:09 am

The app works perfectly for me, I just don't like how you have to buy it twice if you wan't the game on Steam…