Should Call Of Duty: Black Ops 4 Have Dropped Single Player? – Steam Punks

Ed and Jess discuss how two game franchise giants, Call of Duty and Fallout, have changed to multiplayer only offerings this year and if that’s a good or a bad thing

Should Call Of Duty: Black Ops 4 Have Dropped Single Player? - Steam Punks

40 thoughts on “Should Call Of Duty: Black Ops 4 Have Dropped Single Player? – Steam Punks

• October 16, 2018 at 2:59 am

What is he talking about when it comes to console not being interconnected like seriously at this point consoles have had online connectivity for over 10 years now lol. I think homeboy might wanna get a good shot at some of the best deals on the Xbox One X….. Just not as fine with the visuals game as it is currently isn't even worth it.

• October 16, 2018 at 3:08 am

black of ops 5: no regular multiplayer only zombies and battle royale

• October 16, 2018 at 3:16 am

It’s a great and very fun game even without campaign

• October 16, 2018 at 3:19 am

ww2 had a great story mode but most people play cod for multiplayer so I see why they dropped it

• October 16, 2018 at 3:26 am

Honestly never played a cod for single player and I never understood the backlash for it because Blackout is so good.

• October 16, 2018 at 3:31 am

Who buys a $60 game for a 4-6 hour campaign? How about you spend money on a game that is a Campaign focused game, like fallout or skyrim

• October 16, 2018 at 3:31 am

Blackout and Multiplayer AND Zombies is all I need. Last few Cods I didn’t even play the campaign cause guess what……nobody cares lmao!

• October 16, 2018 at 3:47 am

Why the fuck would you play the shitty ass campaign? Some massively intelligent person at activision made a good decision by taking the pretty much worthless campaign out. How long do people usually play the campaign for? 3 maybe 4 hours, 10 if they really wanna get all the achievements? What about Multiplayer or zombies? A few dozen or more at least. Id trade campaign over blackout anyday, blackout is far far more fun than the campaigns activision pumps out all the time.

• October 16, 2018 at 3:47 am

i only stick to one multiplayer game for long periods of time on the other hand i like to experience as many campaigns as possible.

• October 16, 2018 at 3:53 am

This game should have had a single player and I will not be buying the game untill it gets a price cut and will be buying it used

• October 16, 2018 at 4:04 am

No solo mode saves me the trouble of buying a game. Easy.

• October 16, 2018 at 4:15 am

Alright, this is how I personally view it… I didn't buy this game solely because it lacked a single player campaign. I didn't buy it because I absolutely despised what I played of Blackout. And what I've seen of the multiplayer just seems… boring and lackluster to me. And the zombies mode… after what happened last time, not sure I want to take the risk of paying 60$ just for zombies, and have a high chance of being disappointed. But, meh… that's just how I view this game

• October 16, 2018 at 4:17 am

if we don't make a stand here, the AAA publishers will dig their heels in on the whole "singleplayer games are dead" excuse.

• October 16, 2018 at 4:18 am

I get it guys I do
    Your guys don’t like to play multiplayer games I get it
    Single player experience is a emotional personal thing to do
    Your guys don’t what to share that experience. But when game “journalists” say this like why is single player dying when the numbers don’t lie(I count all the games the came out in the past 2 year they lying)
    If you don’t like games that is or add multiplayer you as a consumer have a right not to buy it but a chunk of player well and in joy like me a love blackout a just won my first one lol

• October 16, 2018 at 4:23 am

Activision:“lets see if they would pay the full price for half the game.”

• October 16, 2018 at 4:54 am

If the game was 29,99 or 39,99 since there is no single-player I would buy it. But not 60 bucks.

• October 16, 2018 at 4:54 am

I bought it, and already getting sick of it.

• October 16, 2018 at 4:54 am

On PC though, most multiplayer centric only games does not cost $60 in it's lowest package tier. So its really a tough sell if the game is multiplayer only and soon to be riddled with micro transaction Free 2 Play like model. Plus the no Steam version will really hurt it's sales overall. I did not even know the game already came out.

• October 16, 2018 at 4:55 am

Would have preferred a single player but for future cods sp needs to be a thing but they need make them longer and not linear take note from medal of honor airbornes sp level design

• October 16, 2018 at 5:07 am

Just curious do people feel the same way about overwatch? It was released for 60$ wasn’t it and it released with less modes then BO4

• October 16, 2018 at 5:18 am

I feel like im the only one who didn't care for single player. not since Black ops 1 did i actually care for the campaign especially since it's only 6 hours long usually

• October 16, 2018 at 5:18 am

I honestly think that with what they did with the typical story in the specialist HQ is leading up to black ops 5 or their going to release the campaign in a dlc

• October 16, 2018 at 5:21 am

Why the hell would anybody want less for their money? Not to mention MDW-MDWII, and Blackops-BlackopsII had fun campaigns.

• October 16, 2018 at 5:27 am

Like Battlefield, need SP and Custom Game with Bots OFFLINE. Excellent 👌

• October 16, 2018 at 5:29 am

No but either way it's a below mediocre game for kids under 10.

• October 16, 2018 at 5:39 am

It’s just another online shooter without a story campaign. I bought 1-3 only because of it. I won’t buy BO 4 or any future Black ops games without a story mode, period.
    P.S. to game devs – stop pushing this god damned battle royal EVERYWHERE… I’m sick of it already…

• October 16, 2018 at 5:43 am

It really depends on the amount of content in the end.
    Whether it's a single player, multi player, or both in one. It should offers as much as the price suggests.

• October 16, 2018 at 5:49 am

The campaign is the most expensive part of making a video game they should have taken $20 off. But they know the fanboys will buy it regardless because it has black ops in the title. You’re getting less of a game and they are still going to charge for dlc. It’s funny because it’s true !

• October 16, 2018 at 5:56 am

No. Look I love a good campaign but it’s not something I look for in fps games, unless those games are story-based like Halo. COD’s strength is multiplayer, and there’s nothing wrong with Treyarch putting all their resources into making it the best it can be. People are just mad to be mad tbh. We all know NOBODY would’ve played a campaign (a COD campaign btw 😂) if it was included.

• October 16, 2018 at 6:36 am

What??? So you pay £50 to just play multiplayer! Lol what a joke! What mug would buy this game???

• October 16, 2018 at 6:53 am

Piracy/ greed train! Jump on board? Don't mind If I do!

• October 16, 2018 at 6:55 am

Once everyone loses interest and on to the next thang player base/ value will drop considerably. Given this is happening every 6 months at least maybe they'll introduce single player later.

• October 16, 2018 at 6:57 am

Not buying COD anymore. All is boring same repetitive thing over and over.